Immigration Rules Changes
The UK government has made changes to the immigration rules. Most of these came into effect on April 6 2012.
The changes will affect migrants under the points based system, visitors, overseas domestic workers and sponsors.
Some of the changes include:
- Closing the post study work route (Tier 1-high value migrants)
- Introducing a new minimum pay requirement of £35,000 (Tier 2-skilled migrants)
- Introducing limits on the time that can be spent studying at degree level and tightening work placement restrictions (Tier 4 migrants- students)
- Limiting the length of time temporary workers can stay in the UK (Tier 5-temporary workers)
- Restricting all overseas domestic workers (ODW) to only work for the employer with whom they entered the UK, or whom they came to join and removing the right for all migrants under the ODW category to apply for settlement
Visit the UKBA website to read more on the immigration changes
Visa Application Fee Changes
There has been an increase for some overseas visa fees, and UK-based visa application fees that came into effect on April 6 2012.
Visit the UKBA website to read more about the visa fee increases
Click here to read the UK Border Agency Fees document